Sunday 22 February 2015

To market, to market, to buy ..........



£24.70 of our £80.00 weekly budget spent on fabulous vegetables!

I love the market on Sundays - there is something intrinsically wonderful about choosing a cauliflower or searching for squash while the sound of church bells fill the air around you.
There are two fabulous vegetable stalls on the market, Mayflower Produce and Wild Country Organics  http://wildco.co.uk/. I filled my bike basket and panniers with an array of colour, shape and potential meals for the grand total of £24.70 ( + a free bag of beetroot from the lovely man at Wild Country Organics).

It's going to be tight, that's for sure. I still need to buy fruit, meat, dairy, eggs and basics like sugar, flour, rice and dried fruit. Obviously I do have some store cupboard and freezer ingredients. However as I am doing this over a four week period, it figures, that I will replenish these over that time and end the challenge with stuff left over to compensate.




No comments:

Post a Comment