Friday 20 February 2015

Pre-Challenge Nerves

    crewereadphotography.co.uk
With just 3 days to go before our budgeting challenge kicks off I have been racking my brains for meal ideas and ways to make the allocated pennies go further. A quick calculation gives us just £2.29 per person per day for three meals, snacks and beverages. That equates to about 70p a meal.

This has sent me into a state of lentil induced panic where I fall asleep dreaming up insane recipes for lentil ice-cream or lentil biscuits. In my more lucid moments, my reliance on lentils is less intense and I have come up with some more appetising and family friendly solutions to test drive.

My alternative to lentils is soup [and on a good day maybe even lentil soup!]. The plan is to make a vat of soup for Marcus and I to eat for weekday lunches, soup for the whole family at the weekends and to also introduce a weekly "Soup Day" when our evening meal will also be .......wait for it....... a hearty soup.




No comments:

Post a Comment